5 LIFE LESSONS WE CAN TAKE FROM DOGS
Dogs are adorable and one of the most amazing friends that anyone can have. They listen to what you have to say; they love you unconditionally and they are always there for you. Dogs might have a short life but they can teach us some very important life lessons that will last long after they are gone. Here are some of the important life lessons we all must learn from dogs.
- Live in the moment: Dogs remember where their treats are kept, all the people they have met and what road will take them home, but they access none of it until and unless they need to. A dog always lives in the moment, and that’s what we should do as the past is gone and the future is unknown.
- Do not hold any grudges: Grudges are those emotional resentments that weigh us down. Humans are probably the only species that hold grudges. A dog won’t get upset from you just because you didn’t give him a treat after the dinner the other night. They just move on and don’t hold back on any emotions and that’s what we should do in our lives.
- Acceptance: A poodle never wishes to be pug and a pug never wishes to be a poodle. They just know who they are and they are happy about it. We should learn this from dogs and should stop trying to be the perfect version of human in someone else’s eyes.
- Be loyal and dependable: Dogs are pack animals. They play with their pack; they defend their pack; they live with their pack. This is the best reminder for all of us to behave in the same way as dogs for human packs. The golden rules of life, is that treat others the way you want to be treated applies here.
- Love Unconditionally: Dogs love you unconditionally no matter what mood you are in or how you behaved with them 5 minutes ago. This is one trait we all should learn from dogs and we know that it is hard to do but the world would be a better place if we all just tried.
Dogs are amazing creatures and there is a lot more to learn from them than just the 5 above-mentioned habits.