5 THINGS YOU CAN DO TO HELP YOUR DOG GAIN WEIGHT
Quick weight gain is neither healthy nor practical so always dwell upon the fact, ‘great things take time’. You can follow these 5 steps to make your dogs gain weight.
- Make a visit to your vet –This is the initial step that one could take to seek the minor and major details which have caused your dog to lose weight. This might be due to some serious illness and your dog maybe in the need of immediate veterinary care. If not this, then your vet will recommend you some dietary supplements and other medications which will help your dog to attain a healthy body soon.
- Record the weight – Steps that we take by calculations and planning proves to be more fruitful, therefore, after all the diagnosis and examination ask your vet about the weight of your dog. This will help in making an appropriate weight gain plan. Body condition scoring is a way by which you’ll not only know the weight of your pet but it will also put the body frame of your dog in the picture.
- By making a new feeding schedule – A high energy diet will help your dog to fatten up as it is easily absorbed by the body. Thus, include food which is rich in vitamin B12, Iron, Selenium, fatty acids, Vitamin A, Riboflavin, and Folate as they give high energy and will play a major role in gaining fat.
- Supplement the regular diet – Supplement carries some additional calories which will help your dog in gaining weight. Do add some supplement in the daily meals of your dog which is recommended or verified by the veterinarian.
- Make your dog exercise daily – Exercise is the key to a healthy, fit and firm body. By doing a fair amount of basic exercises, its appetite will increase and will help in feeding an extra meal. It will also boost up the blood circulation and stabilize the digestive system. Make sure that your dog isn’t getting overheated and exhausted due to exercise. That’s why it’s better to be aware of your dog’s.