6 WAYS TO CALM YOUR DOG
Dogs can sometimes become distressed and irritable, which can affect their health and interactions with you. It’s important to know more about the behavior of dogs so that you can do your best to keep your dog calm and happy. Here are some tips for getting your dog back to his happy, mischievous self.
- Reexamine and change your routine – Free your time to make more time for your little companion. His regular activities such as eating, doing exercise, going outside, etc. must be done timely. By doing this you’ll be able to manage and improve your dog’s anxiety.
- Go for compression wrap – Thunder shirts are available in the market especially for thunderstorms and fireworks but it plays a very vital role in reducing your dog’s fear and making him feel more relaxed. This might look funny but the wrap gives gentle and continuous pressure on your pet’s body. The soothing pressure resembles the feeling of being held which soothes the pupper.
- Music is the best medicine – In order to make your pooch calmer, play some music as it’s considered to be the best healer. Some classical and light music would definitely go as it seemed to have a calming effect on dogs, they barked less and appear to spend more time lying down.
- Provide a distraction – Diverting your dog’s attention from anxiety will help them in overcoming their fear. The distraction must include quality time that you’ll spend with your pet. It can either be some activity like going for a drive, regular walk, playing, or providing him/her with a toy which will totally grab their attention. Besides these, some physical exercise and fresh air would be a great option.
- Consider switching your dog’s diet – Just like humans, food plays a major role in your dog’s behavior. It’s mandatory to choose the right kind of food for your The nourishment must include all the essential proteins, carbs, calcium, nutrients and vitamins with respect to their size, age, and breed. An insufficient or wrong diet can be the reason for their anxiety. A proper diet will have positive impact on your dog’s behavior.
- Pamper your dog with massages – They say that ‘you are one massage away from a good mood’. By that rationale, a good massage will definitely relax him/her into comfort. In addition, the soothing mood provides an opportunity for a fantastic bonding experience between you and your dog.