APOLLO OF DOGS-THE GREAT DANE
"Great Dane is a gentle and giant breed"
They were found in Egypt. In their case, it won't be wrong to say that looks are deceptive because at times people confuse their looks as harsh and imposing one but the reality is completely contradicting to it because they are one of the sweetest natured pets. They are gentle, sweet, playful, affectionate and caring pet. They not only get along easily with a human but also with other dogs. People may get frightened with his large size and with the loud barks but they are darlings to be with. They have a muscular body and a massive head (the head is very long and narrow as well). They live for a short period but are highly energetic in nature.
- The height of female Great Dane is from 28 inches to 32 inches.
- The height of male Great Dane is from 30 inches to 34 inches.
- The weight of female Great Dane is from 100 to 130 pounds.
- The weight of male Great Dane is from 120 to 200 pounds.
They will be with you for 8 to 10 years.
- Colour: Brindle, fawn, black, harlequin, blue and mantle.
FOOD HABITS :
They don't need to eat in bulk. You cannot make them eat for the whole day, you have to stick to a schedule and divide the meal of a day.
But with this, I would even tell that the need for a dog's body varies from one dog to another because that depends completely on their physical needs. If your dog is sporty and an active one, then, of course, he will need more food than others. So it's important to watch out your dog and accordingly develop up their eating habits.
It's important to feed your pet with the right quantity and quality of food to help them grow in the best manner they may can.
You should never share human food with your pet because that may contain elements which can be toxic for your pet for example potatoes, chocolates, etc.
For 3 to 6 months old puppy if female : 3 to 6 cup a day.
For 3 to 6 months old puppy if male: 4 to 8 cup a day.
For 8 to 1 months old dog if female: 5 to 8 cup a day.
For 8 to 1 months old dog if male: 6 to 10 cup a day.
For adolescent female dogs: 8 cups.
For adolescent male dogs: 9 to 15 cups.
For adult female dogs: 6 to 8 cups.
For adult male dogs: 8 to 10 cups.
Until they are 4 to 5 months old they should eat 3 meals a day and afterwards 2 meal a day.
Training them properly is very important and in that training, it is important to socialize them as early as possible because in case if they are not socialized soon. They are easy to housetrain. They just need a walk in a day and if you can't afford to take them out for a walk when your yard will be even enough. They need from 30 to 60 minutes of exercise. You should keep your garden away from them because they may spoil its beauty.
First and the most important thing about their ear and face is that they should be kept clean and dry always. You can clean them with baby wipes so as to keep them infection free. Always keep their ears moisture free because bacteria may attack them and they may face severe infection. Yes, another thing is you cannot make them overeat because overeating will spoil their health and behaviour. They catch a cold easily so try to keep them covered in winters from the weather. You should trim their nails once or twice a month because at times long nails start to hurt them and may cause to bleed.
MEDICAL TIPS :
- In this condition, the bones don't fit into the hip joint.
- The dog will have pain and will be low on rear legs.
- It is caused due to the different growth rate of three bones that together makes up the dog's elbow causing joint la
- While they are at the growing age you may face a lot of difficulties because at that time they are developing a lot of new things in them.
- This is known as Osteosarcoma.
- These dogs have the issue of bone tumor.
- It occurs when the stomach gets filled with gas, air and keeps twisting.
GASTRIC DILATATION VOLVULE-
In this bloating happens which can be a life threatening thing. In this, the dog is not able to vomit out the extra air in his stomach.