CHEERFUL CHEERLEADERS - BICHON FRISE
"One of the most cheerful small dog"
They are very cheerful and cute small dogs. They have beautiful black eyes. They are very enthusiastic. They can't be allowed to be alone for long hours. They need to be handled very delicately. They are very intelligent and smart. They love to play but at times they can become destructive.
- The height of female Bichon Frise is from 23 centimeters to 28 centimeters.
- The height of male Bichon Frise is from 23 centimeters to 30 centimeters.
- The weight of female Bichon Frise is from 3 kg to 5 kg.
- The weight of male Bichon Frise is from 3 kg to 5 kg.
They will be with you for 12 to 15 years
- Color: White, white and buff, white and apricot, white and cream.
- They have a medium length coat.
- They have a silky texture and fluffy coat.
They don't need to eat in bulk. You cannot make them eat for the whole day, you have to stick to a schedule and divide the meal. They need high quality of food. They need to eat half to one and a half cup of food.
But with this, I would even tell that the need for a dog's body varies from one dog to another because that depends completely on their physical needs. If your dog is sporty and an active one, then, of course, he will need more food than others. So it's important to watch out your dog and accordingly develop up their eating habits.
It's important to feed your pet with the right quantity and quality of food to help them grow in the best manner they may can.
You should never share human food with your pet because that may contain elements which can be toxic for your pet for example potatoes, chocolates, etc.
Training them properly is very important and in that training, it is important to socialize them as early as possible because in case if they are not socialized soon then they may develop aggression towards other animals and especially of the same gender. We know one thing very well, that is what you sow is something that you get. So be aware while training them and focus on obedience training. Socializing them is very important. They need a lot of exercises, a few minutes of walk daily will be more than enough. Physical exercise is important because that helps in burning stress and calories. Don't let them get bored because then they may get destructive.
Training them properly is very important and in that training, it is important to socialize them as early as possible because in case if they are not socialized soon then they may develop aggression towards other animals and especially of the same gender. We know one thing very well, that is what you sow is something that you get. So be aware while training them and focus on obedience training. Socializing them is very important. They don't need a lot of exercises, a few minutes of walk daily will be more than enough. Physical exercise is important because that helps in burning stress and calories. Don't let them get bored because then they may get destructive.
First and the most important thing about their ears is that they should be kept clean and dry always. You can clean them with baby wipes so as to keep them infection free. Yes, another thing is you cannot make them overeat because overeating will spoil their health and behavior. You should bathe them after every three weeks. Their nails should be always trimmed. They are high maintenance dogs so they are not everybody's cup of tea. They need a lot of time for grooming. They need proper exercise and play time. You should brush them two times a week. As they have a white coat to keep their coat clean. Their coat may have tangles so try to detangle them soon.
- In this condition, the bones don't fit into the hip joint.
- The dog will have pain and will be low on rear legs.
- It is caused due to the different growth rate of three bones that together makes up dog's elbow causing joint laxity.
- This is not at all a common disease.
- This is caused due to excessive protein, magnesium and phosphorus in their diet.
PATELLAR LUXATION -
- It is also known as slipped stifles.
- They are common in small dogs.
- When patella, femur, patella and tibia bones either slip or goes out of place.
- It occurs when the stomach gets filled with gas, air and keeps twisting.
VACCINATION SENSITIVITY -
- Whenever you take your pet for vaccination you should remain aware after the vaccination so that they don't show up the signs of vaccination sensitivity.
- They may have hives, facial swelling, soreness, lethargy and if they show up any of these signs then immediately take them to the doctor.
- They develop cataract at a very young age.
- This a hereditary disease.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR BICHON FRISE-
- There are two most important things you should keep in mind if you are planning to buy a Bichon Frise.
- First and the most important thing is to approach a reputed breeder because if you are not doing that remember you are on the verge of getting trapped and will be fooled out with a dog of the different breed. So choose your breeder wisely and smartly. Try not getting fooled up from the fake breeders. Last but not the least choose the breeder with your area of interest.
- The second thing I believe comes as being an important point of concern is the quality of pedigree and remember only a reputed or a good breeder will only know what is pedigree. Actually quality pedigree means what kind of parents, grandparents and ancestor that particular pet had, because through that only you will understand the abilities, temperament and health of that pet, as almost the same traits are passed as hereditary. Basically track record of a quality pup is very important.
- Now what mostly happens is that at times we confuse the two important terms PEDIGREE & PUPPY'S REGISTRATION but they are too different. Through pedigree, a reputed breeder can tell you what qualities the pet must have inherited but through registration papers, you identify who are the parents and ancestors of the pup but they will not tell you about the qualities.