FRENCH SHORTHAIRED SHEPHERD (BEAUCERON)
They were developed in France. They were a herding breed of dog. They are perfect watchdogs but they were originally bred to hunt. They are a very versatile performer. They love gaining attention and exercising well. They even love playing. They have an extremely high level of energy. While training them you need to remain alert and observant. They never like being alone
- Male is from 60 centimeters to 66 centimeters.
- Female is from 56 centimeters to 62 centimeters.
- Males weigh from 25kgs to 30kgs.
- Females weigh from 20kgs to 25kgs.
Will make your journey special for 10 to 13 years.
- Color: Black and tan, tricolor, black and rust, Harlequin.
- They have a short dense coat
- They have a double coat.
- Their undercoat is soft.
- The outer coat covers the undercoat as a rough waterproof shield.
They are one of those who gains up obesity very fast so it's important to divide their meals very well. You need to divide their meal between two halves and should not cross their diet at any cost. Because overfeeding them can create a major problem and you may need to consult the doctor.
You have to divide the meal of your dog according to their body needs so it's important for you to analyze their body demand. One more important thing about a pet is that never feed them with human food because that can be toxic for their body and you may need a doctor.
Training them properly is very important and in that training, it is important to socialize them as early as possible because in case if they are not socialized soon then they may develop aggression towards other animals and especially of the same gender. We know one thing very well, that is what you sow is something that you get. So be aware while training them and focus on obedience training. Socializing them is very important. They need a lot of exercises, a few minutes of walk daily will be more than enough. Physical exercise is important because that helps in burning stress and calories. Don't let them get bored because then they may get destructive.
First and the most important thing about their ear and face is that they should be kept clean and dry always. You can clean them with baby wipes so as to keep them infection free. Always keep their ear moisture free because bacteria may attack them and they may face severe infection. Yes, another thing is you cannot make them overeat because overeating will spoil their health and behavior. You should bathe them after every two weeks. Their nails should be always trimmed. They are prone to joint damages so keep that in mind that their joints don't get hurt.
- In this condition, the bones don't fit into the hip joint.
- The dog will have pain and will be low on rear legs.
- They catch but allergy very soon and it can be caused by anything. If he starts licking his paws or if he rubs his face more often then it's time to get him checked up.
PROGRESSIVE RETINAL ATROPHY (PRA)-
- This disease causes blindness in the dog.
- It is the habit of a dog to catch sensations that compensate a bit to their blindness.
GASTRIC DILATATION VOLVULUS -
- In this bloating happens which can be a life-threatening thing. In this, the dog is not able to vomit out the extra air in his stomach.
SHEDDING: Properly brushing them is very important because if you brush them for like twice a week then, the hair will go out with the brush instead of everywhere in your house, furniture and body.
MOISTURE IN EARS: While bathing them it is important that you keep a check whether you have dried their ears properly or not because if they are not dried properly then they can catch infections quickly.
NAILS: Hygiene is always important so trimming up your pet's nails every week or two is very important because the long nails can make your dog uncomfortable. Long nails can make it difficult for them to walk and even at times it becomes very painful and starts to bleed.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR PET-
- First and the most important thing is to approach a reputed breeder because if you are not doing that remember you are on the verge of getting trapped and will be fooled out with a dog of the different breed. No doubt, that there are many beautiful dogs which will give you an illusion of being a but as we know looks is not all that is needed in a pet. So choose your breeder wisely and smartly. Try not getting fooled up from the fake breeders. Last but not the least choose the breeder with your area of interest.
- The second thing I believe comes as being an important point of concern is the quality of pedigree and remember only a reputed or a good breeder will only know what is pedigree. Actually quality pedigree means what kind of parents, grandparents, and ancestor that particular pet had, because through that only you will understand the abilities, temperament, and health of that pet, as almost the same traits are passed as hereditary. Basically track record of a quality pup is very important.
- Now what mostly happens is that at times we confuse the two important terms PEDIGREE & PUPPY'S REGISTRATION but they are too different. Through pedigree, a reputed breeder can tell you what qualities the pet must have inherited but through registration papers, you identify who are the parents and ancestors of the pup but they will not tell you about the qualities.