HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT KIND OF TOY FOR YOUR DOG?
Toys are a considerable method to bestow the mental stimulation between the physical welfare of exercise and intellectual benefits of the interconnection with your dog. But choosing the right kind of toy has always been a matter of concern because there is a thin line between the enjoyment and safety of your dog.
Therefore when choosing toys for your dog keep in mind the following factors:
1) Size –Verify that the toy is large enough as small toys can be mistakenly choked by your dog.
2) Avoid buying wooden or painted toys – Dogs persist habit of chewing thus painted toys might be toxic for them if chewed. On the contrary, the wood may splinter in their body and can cause a variety of infections.
3) Neglect cheap toys – Toys manufactured by using cheap rubber or plastic can harm your dog. It becomes easier for them to rip and swallow the rubber which can cause several internal injuries. Even the plastics are comprised of toxic chemicals that can be dangerous as well.
4) Be cautious of toys made of plastic squeakers –This variety of toys inhibits audio like a prey animal which instigates the dogs to react harshly to the squeaks and predictably they can swallow the parts of the toy which might be harmful to them.
5) Beware of the tennis balls – Dogs might end up with eating the uppermost fluffy coat of the ball that is made of rubber. In fact, chewing a tennis ball can ruin your dog’s teeth as well.
6) Pluck out the tags, ribbons or stickers labelled on a new toy – Any of these can be accidentally chewed or ingested and can be a source of suffering. Hence immediate removal of this kind of stuff can be done in order to ensure safety.
7) Switch the toys from time to time – For the sake of avoiding boredom, a bit rotation in the toys is a favourable thought. This will keep your dog engaged and happy along with the expansion of mindset to figure out new things.