HOW TO HELP YOUR DOG DURING FIREWORKS?
Obsessed with your dog? So are we!
What can we do to help our dogs during noise? Fortunately there are many strategies for dog owners. Help your pet feel better when the fireworks begin, with our choice of measures.
- Home is good! Experts emphasize the importance of keeping your dog indoors on firework-heavy days , reduce the exposure of sound and stop them from panicking .You can turn on a radio or a television for the distraction of your Pooch.
- RUN For FUN! Tired dogs are sleepy dogs, which means they are less likely to be fearful. Tire out your dog by bringing it to the park for a game of Frisbee or fetch, or have it accompany you on a long bike ride during the day before the fireworks are set to begin
- Snuggle some Love! A common myth has it that if you pet your pup during an anxious episode, they’ll feel more afraid. However, calmly soothing and reassuring your dog is fine as long as you avoid loud exclamations or frantic movements. So cuddle away!
- Prevent escapes! Make sure your dog has identification. Even indoor pets can panic and use drastic measures to escape when frightened. Micro chipping your dog is a good protective step don’t leave your dog unattended at home. If you’re headed out to enjoy the holiday without them, find a sitter.
- Treat them! Distract your Dog by making them do what they an behavior techniques are always in hand, medicines take a lot of time to cure.