POODLE DOG-PERSONALITY TRAITS
Poodles are those intelligent, loving and loyal dogs. They are calm but at times they can turn into mischievous dogs. They are very elegant and clever. They are those kinds of dogs who will do anything to impress you. They are family dogs and are very affectionate as they will become easily attached to you. They are the best companion dogs. They are smart and athletic. They love being around people. They need to be occupied mentally and physically or else they can become destructive. There are three sizes of poodle:
- Standard Poodle
- Colour: black, cream, silver, apricot, black and white, brown, black and tan, blue, sable and red.
- The toy poodle height is up to 10 inches.
- The miniature's height is from 11 inches to 15 inches.
- The standard poodle's height is up to 15 inches.
- The weight of toy poodle is from 15 pounds to 17 pounds.
- The weight of miniature poodle is from 15 pounds to 17 pounds.
- The weight of male standard poodle is from 45 pounds to 70 pounds.
- The weight of female standard poodle is from 45 pounds to 70 pounds.
- They will make your journey beautiful for 12 to 15 years.
They are one of those who gains up obesity very fast so it's important to divide their meals into two. You need to divide their meal between two halves and should not cross their diet at any cost. Serve them with two to three cup of food a day. Because over feeding them can create a major problem and you may need to consult the doctor.
The meal of a toy Poodle: 1/4 cup to 1/2 cups.
The meal of a miniature Poodle: 3/4 to 1 cups.
The meal of a standard Poodle: 1.5 to 3 cups.
You have to divide the meal of your dog according to their body needs so it's important for you to analyze their body demand. One more important thing about a pet is that never feed them with human food because that can be toxic for their body and you may need a doctor.
Training them is very easy you won't have to run after them to teach something because they are very intelligent and smart to understand anything. Remember to train them when they are young because training them as a grown-up will be very difficult. They need regular exercise and obedience classes. House training them is easy but you should make sure to give them crate training as well because that will make them mentally strong. Their natural energy should be burned so that they don't get bored and don't react destructively.
They need to take a bath in every 3 to 6 weeks. Their nails should be trimmed every week so that it doesn't hurt them. They should be brushed regularly. Another important thing which you should keep in mind while washing your pet is that you should dry their ear well so that there lies no chance of fungal or any other infection.
- In this condition, the bones don't fit into the hip joint.
- The dog will have pain and will be low on rear legs.
OPTIC NERVE HYPOPLASIA
- It is a congenital failure.
- It causes blindness.
- They catch but allergy very soon and it can be caused by anything. If he starts licking his paws or if he rubs his face more often then it's time to get him checked up.
- It is a common cause of seizures.
- It is an inherited disease.
- It can cause mild or severe seizures.
- This is an extremely serious condition and it basically happens because of insufficient production of a hormone known as adrenal.
- It is a genetic disease.
- It is easy to diagnose.
- There is a sebaceous gland in the skin which becomes inflamed.
GASTRIC DILATATION VOLVULUS
- In this bloating happens which can be a life-threatening thing. In this, the dog is not able to vomit out the extra air in his stomach.
- This happens because of thyroid gland when it goes unbalanced in the body.
VON WILLEBRAND'S DISEASE
- It is an inherited disorder in blood because of which the blood loses its ability to clot.
- They have issues to hear properly so treat that soon to avoid complete deafness.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR POODLE
There are two most important things you should keep in mind if you are planning to buy a Poodle.
First and the most important thing is to approach a reputed breeder because if you are not doing that remember you are on the verge of getting trapped and will be fooled out with a dog of the different breed. No doubt, that there are many beautiful dogs which will give you an illusion of being a Poodle but as we know looks is not all that is needed in a pet. So choose your breeder wisely and smartly. Try not getting fooled up from the fake breeders. Last but not the least chooses the breeder with your area of interest.
The second thing I believe comes as being an important point of concern is the quality of pedigree and remember only a reputed or a good breeder will only know what pedigree is. Actually quality pedigree means what kind of parents, grandparents and ancestor that particular pet had, because through that only you will understand the abilities, temperament and health of that pet, as almost the same traits are passed as hereditary. Basically track record of a quality pup is very important.
Now what mostly happens is that at times we confuse the two important terms pedigree and puppy's registration but they are too different. Through pedigree, a reputed breeder can tell you what qualities the pet must have inherited but through registration papers, you identify who are the parents and ancestors of the pup but they will not tell you about the qualities.