SIGNS THAT YOUR DOG NEEDS ANTI-ITCH SHAMPOO
Your dog will cuddle you up, lick you, play with you at all times but when it comes to you, you have to see whether itchy and dry skin is bothering them or not. You might see a dog chasing his tail and might think they are playing but, they might be experiencing some uneasiness. There are a few things that you need to watch out for your dog’s neat, itch-free and clean skin. An anti-itch shampoo is all you need to ease your dog’s itchy skin and make their coat shine. Following are the signs that will tell you that your dog needs an anti- itch shampoo.
- Fleas – Dogs might get fleas from different sources. The most common is by being close to other animals. Your naked eye can see only the adult fleas. They hide within the fir of your dog and leave dirt and germs behind. This dirt can be reddish-brown or black and is feces of fleas. So, it’s very important for you to keep an eye if your dog is scratching or itching because that means they have fleas.
- Lice and ticks – Lice and ticks are easy to identify, as they can be spotted directly on your dog's coat and fur. They are a common problem within the pets which can be combated with continuous grooming.
- Ear mites – If you find red-brown crusts on the outer ear or ear canal, they are ear mites. Ear mites aren't that much visible with naked but they are itchy and can find their way to the ear canal. They can also be easily transferred from one animal to another. Though these can’t be fully cured with an anti-itch shampoo but, it can prevent them from spreading to skin and hair.
- Seborrhea – One more skin condition which can be diagnosed by inspecting your dog’s skin, if it gets oily and flaky. Your dog might have a foul odor because of the oil. Anti-itch shampoos might solve the problem temporarily but long-term prevention is required.
- Other threats – Pollen has a different way of affecting dogs, it falls on their skin and causes them to scratch themselves. So, always look out for unusual scratching.
What to do if your dog has fleas?
Above mentioned problems are very commonly faced by the dogs and can be taken care of if a good anti-itch shampoo is used. The best anti-itch shampoos are the one which has fewer chemicals and more natural active compounds. An anti-itch shampoo helps in curing itchiness and also helps in maintaining a healthy shine of the fur coat.