THINGS NOT KNOWN ABOUT GERMAN SHORTHAIRED POINTER
German Shorthaired Pointer was bred in Germany. They were retrieved to be on land. They just love hunting for games. They are very affectionate. They need lots of exercises. They can be destructive if not fed with intensive exercise. They need to be socialized too early. They are highly trainable. They are bold and cooperative.
- The height of female German Shorthaired Pointer is from 53 centimetres to centimetres.
- The height of male German Shorthaired Pointer is from 58 centimetres to 64 centimetres.
- The weight of female German Shorthaired Pointer is from 20kgs to 27kgs.
- The weight of male German Shorthaired Pointer is from 25kgs to 32kgs.
They will be with you for 12 to 14 years.
- Colour: liver roan, brown and white, liver, black and white, liver and white, brown
- They have easy to care coat.
They don't need to eat in bulk. You cannot make them eat for the whole day, you have to stick to a schedule and divide the meal into two times. They need two to three cup of high-quality food.
But with this, I would even tell that the need for a dog's body varies from one dog to another because that depends completely on their physical needs. If your dog is sporty and an active one, then, of course, he will need more food than others. So it's important to watch out your dog and accordingly develop up their eating habits.
It's important to feed your pet with the right quantity and quality of food to help them grow in the best manner they may can.
You should never share human food with your pet because that may contain elements which can be toxic for your pet for example potatoes, chocolates, etc.
Training them properly is very important and in that training, it is important to socialize them as early as possible because in case if they are not socialized soon, then they may develop aggression towards other animals and especially of the same gender. We know one thing very well that is what you sow is something that you get. So be aware while training them and focus over obedience training. Socializing them is very important. They need a lot of exercises. Physical exercise is important because that helps in burning stress and calories. Don't let them get bored because then they may get destructive.
First and the most important thing about their wrinkle and face is that they should be kept clean and always dry. You can clean them with baby wipes so as to keep them infection free. Always keep their wrinkle moisture free because bacteria may attack them and they may face severe infection. Yes, another thing is you cannot make them overeat because overeating will spoil their health and behavior. You should bathe them every two weeks. Their nails should be always trimmed. They are prone to joint damage, so keep that in mind that their joints don't get hurt.
- In this condition, the bones don't fit into the hip joint.
- The dog will have pain and will be low on the rear leg.
- It is caused due to the different growth rate of three bones that together makes up the dog's elbow causing joint laxity.
- Gaining weight can cause many problems for your dog. As you know your dog is a bit lazy one so doesn’t let them gain weight because cutting weight would become a big deal.
- They have valvular blockage of lymph.
- Lymph can even get twist
GASTRIC DILATATION VOLVULE
- In this bloating happens which can be a life-threatening thing. In this, the dog is not able to vomit out the extra air in his stomach.
- Mostly deep-chested dogs are affected with it.
- In this, the eye rolls down and they start irri
- They injure the eyeballs.
- This may injure the eyeball
HOW TO SELECT YOUR GERMAN SHORTHAIRED POINTER
There are two most important things you should keep in mind if you are planning to buy a German Shorthaired Pointer:
- The first and the most important thing is to approach a reputed breeder because if you are not doing that remember you are on the verge of getting trapped and will be fooled out with a dog of a different breed. So choose your breeder wisely and smartly. Try not getting fooled up from the fake breeders. Last but not least, choose the breeder in your area of interest.
- The second thing I believe comes as being an important point of concern is the quality of pedigree and remember only a reputed or a good breeder will only know what a pedigree is. Actually quality pedigree means what kind of parents, grandparents and ancestor that particular pet had, because through that only you will understand the abilities, temperament and health of that pet, as almost the same traits are passed as hereditary. A basically track record of a quality pup is very important.
Now what mostly happens is that at times we confuse the two important terms pedigree and puppy's registration but they are too different. Through pedigree, a reputed breeder can tell you what qualities the pet must have inherited, but through registration papers, you identify who are the parents and ancestors of the pup but they will not tell you about the qualities.